Ict – Hosting Services RR5127474
PLEASE QUOTE REF 5127474
Weekend/evening working will be required.
Senior Server & Storage Manager
Responsible for the team providing:-
- Enterprise Storage, Backup and Monitoring
- Server support and maintenance
- Scheduling of project and core support activities
- Ensuring compliance of the infrastructure
- Contract management including renewal of contracts
In-depth knowledge of;
- Ability to manage the team to ensure work on support and projects is delivered within the appropriate timescale including weekly performance review
- Excellent analysis and documentation skills
- Understanding of large complex infrastructures including LAN/WAN/DMZ, SAN, virtualisation
- Produce High Level Design documentation / work instructions
- New – Enterprise Backup solution (Dell EMC IDPA integrated back-up solution) including ECS elastic cloud storage
- Old – Enterprise level Backup devices and software including NetBackup, EMC Data domain and ExaGrid and tape systems.
- Storage EMC VX5300, 5400, Unity,Dell Equallogic and NetApp
- Virtualisation technologies: VMWare (including vRealize, vROps and VxRail) / MS HyperV 2012 / VMM deployments
- Enterprise level Monitoring systems: SCOM, Dell SAN HQ, Solarwinds, Cloud IQ
- Experienced in implementing, administering and supporting Wintel servers
- Experienced in implementing, administering and supporting servers in Azure & AWS
- Good working Knowledge of TCP/IP, VLANs, LANs and WANS
- Understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure functions e.g DHCP, DNS
- Data centre background/experience including High availability Clusters.
- Windows OS 2003 – 2019
- SCCM / System Centre Orchestrator
- SCOM 2007/2012/2016
- IIS and reverse proxy servers
- Microsoft SQL Servers & MS Clustering
- MS Exchange 2007 – 2013 and O365
- Citrix Presentation Server / XenApp 7.x
- Worked in large complex environments covering multiple sites and data centres
- Project / Business enquiry estimating
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors to upgrade/migrate applications
- PRINCE2 and ITIL
- Local government experience
- Knowledge of Government Connect security standards
- Migration to cloud services
Responsibilities of role
The Server & Storage Manager will ensure that there is adequate performance, resilience, throughput and capacity within the estate to meet the needs of the business.
Daily Management, development and training responsibilities for staff including sickness and performance management in line with the Councils Policies. Building a qualified team through innovative training techniques, develop a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction. Analyse performance through various statistical and reporting methods and produce monthly reports.
Log and own all incidents and requests relating to Servers, Storage and Backup and manage them through to restoration or resolution in accordance with the service level agreements to meet the business needs. Provide regular updates on progress of incidents and requests to internal and external customers. On restoration of service or completion of service request ensure that the customer is satisfied that the service has been restored before closing the incident\service request.
Prioritise and clearly account for work. Ensure that time recording on core support and change activities are accurately reflected. Assess work requests from clients to provide estimates and scheduling information, looking at feasibility, compliance and impact. Work with other Team leaders to produce quotes for the project work.
The post holder will be involved in evaluation and procurement of new infrastructure and will work closely with colleagues in the architectural services team to assess operational suitability. Procedures and documentation will be developed to ensure successful transition of new infrastructure software and hardware into operational support.
The Server & Storage Manager will work with a range of technologies across multiple platforms hosted both internally and externally. The post holder will be required to keep abreast of new technologies in conjunction with the Architecture Services team.
Provide hands-on technical resource to ensure service is maintained within the agreed Service Levels and projects are delivered.
Be self motivated in ensuring that technical knowledge is kept up to date (self development), liaising with partners and vendors to do so.
Provide out of hours support for your specific technology area.
Understand the technology direction for the service and apply this to technical designs and solutions. Develop Technical Design Overviews (TDO’s) for projects.
Work closely with the Operational Assurance Team to ensure that all changes (operational and project) comply with the minimum service standards and that service risk wheels and the service excellence process are a key area of focus.
Ensure that the currency of the technology estate is maintained, highlighting operational requirements to refresh or replace technology to the owner of the essential replacement/maintenance programme.
Ensure that licensing and asset management for your specific technology area is accurate, up to date and compliant by working closely with the Operational Assurance Team.
Capacity planning including an awareness including data retention policies within the organisation.
Additional requirements: - Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex issues and activities at an appropriate level for the audience. To work within the standards and guidelines of the organisation with an understanding and appreciation of the objectives of the business and services provided. A capability to develop effective working relationships with both business clients and internal colleagues will be beneficial.
PLEASE QUOTE REF 5127474