Senior Payroll Administrator RR5067539
PLEASE QUOTE REF 5067539
Payroll experience is essential. We are looking for payroll professionals to support the implementation of a new HRP system. To support the project team working on the implementation of a new HRP system. Role will involve validation checks, defect identification and escalation.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide administrative, technical and supervisory support across a comprehensive range of personnel activities to ensure that personnel/admin processes, information management, pay administration and contractual correspondence with employees are all delivered in accordance with Transactional Service Centre (TSC) standards, objectives and statutory requirements.
Direct, supervise, and support a team of staff undertaking specialised administrative and technical processes and procedures and monitor their work in every respect to ensure accuracy of data in order that the objectives and schedules of the Employee Service Centre are constantly met and in accordance with defined procedures in order to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
Undertake complex checking, evaluation, calculations and information processing so that management and control of the payroll runs, reconciliation and other processes that pay employees, ensuring that procedures are followed accurately and that all transactions are accounted for.
Manage and control the pay runs, reconciliation and other processes that pay staff, pensioners, suppliers and clients, ensuring that procedures are followed accurately and that all remuneration is accounted for.
Advise on and apply policies, practices, procedures and statutory regulations as they relate to terms and conditions of employment and pay of staff and pensioners to ensure that these are implemented accurately and consistently throughout the service.
Respond to non-routine and complex enquires from a wide range of contacts using discretion and judgement in forming responses so that advice on the area of work dealt with by the Transactional Service Centre is consistently given in accordance with agreed policies and statutory legislation and within defined procedures.
Liaise, as appropriate, with other Departments (e.g. Finance, Billing and Debt) to ensure an effective interface on all collaborative processes (e.g. recruitment, contractual, debt recovery costing, legal and pay issues).
Carry out research or undertake projects in support of retained services to facilitate developments and initiatives within the service.
Contribute to the development and introduction of best practice and new ways of working in administrative practices and procedures as they affect the conduct of business in this role to ensure positive, accurate and timely information delivered in the most effective manner.
Contribute to the Service’s development and usage of relevant databases, integrated systems data, by training staff and consulting with managers, to ensure the integrity and consistency of data and to facilitate accurate, prompt and easy extraction, manipulation and presentation of that data.
To deputise for TSC Supervisors where appropriate at department, project and directorate meetings;
Notwithstanding the detail in this job description, the job holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Manager from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the Principal Responsibilities of the job.
This role is a static one and this means that the role will be office based. Many services and customers span across the Borough and therefore you may be required to work at any location in Cheshire West and Chester.
· BTEC Higher or equivalent
· Ability to study towards a Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIPP)
· Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of policy interpretation, business procedures, employment law, statutory legislation and pension scheme regulations.
· Understanding of concepts, principals and structures that underpin and support electronic systems.
· Experience of supervising staff including allocating and monitoring workloads.
· Comprehensive use of and experience of Oracle HR and Payroll to deliver timely and accurate payout put and associated activities.
· Specialist and working knowledge of complex terms and conditions specifically within the LA environment.
· Proven ability to challenge the status Quo and support the implementation of change.
Job Related Knowledge
· Comprehensive knowledge and application of relevant Terms and Conditions of employment with a detailed understanding of National T&C’s frameworks as outlined by the National Negotiating Bodies.
· Comprehensive working knowledge of HMRC Regulations including tax and NI calculations.
· A complete understanding of customer care principles and practices.
· Fully conversant with Oracle HR and Payroll having particular regard to how the Work Structures underpin system functionality.
· Extensive knowledge and application of relevant Terms and Conditions of employment as agreed locally by Cheshire West and Chester and Cheshire East Council.
Skills and Aptitudes
· High level of Literacy and numeracy.
· Strong organisation and change management skills.
· Evidence of problem management skills and developing solutions and implementing effective action plans.
· Demonstrable record of excellent performance in leading a team.
Teamwork level: 2
Honesty level: 2
Respect level: 2
Innovation level: 2
Value for Money level: 2
Empowerment level: 2
PLEASE QUOTE REF 5067539