Software Developer RR190716
Software Developer Job Description
My client has been involved in bespoke software development for over 28 years, helping customers in the engineering, construction and retail industries improve their productivity through the production of easy to use, efficient software applications. With an ever expanding customer base of SME’s through to multi-nationals, the company has a proven track record of producing bespoke CAD based solutions that provide the productivity gains the customer requires.
General Job Summary:
As an application developer you will be involved in every element of the bespoke development process, from initial customer discussions and specification of the project, through interface design, programming and implementation of the software. It will require drive and ambition to produce quality solutions while liaising closely with the customer to ensure the software meets their exact requirements.
• Work as part of a small team of developers, in a fast moving environment, providing
solutions to our customers.
• Be able to clearly communicate concepts and ideas to colleagues and customers.
• Provide innovative solutions to challenging problems.
• Manage multiple priorities, plan and track work to deliver results on time.
• Be adaptable and keen to learn new technologies and methods.
Experience in the following areas is essential:
• Extensive experience (5 years+) of C#.Net, and the .Net environment
• A good knowledge of Visual Studio
• A good understanding of 2D and 3D Maths and Geometry.
• Knowledge of CAD and/or Graphics development.
• The Windows environment.
• Object Oriented techniques..
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Interact with and support others effectively via teamwork and diplomacy.
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
• C++, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Direct X, HTML, XML, SQL, Java, would be a great asset.
• AutoCAD .Net and/ or ARX development..
• InstallShield experience.
• DevExpress experience.
• Understanding of engineering and / or Building industry terms.